Magento 2 has come out with total transformation from its earlier version Magento 1.x. It has several features which plays key role in the growth of eCommerce market. Magento 2.0 is proven to be more stable, re-structured, high-performing and easy-to-use than the previous version. It is the next generation open source platform that is faster, easier and more secure creating new benchmarking for eCommerce development.
Why Should You Upgrade To Magento 2.0?
- Database Improvements
For Magento users one of the major challenge areas have been the database. Users were stuck with one single database to run entire platform. With Magento 2.0 this as changed as it introduces the concept of separate databases. You can now have one database that is responsible for serving all of the content pages, product and category pages. This database can handle a ton of traffic. When someone adds the product into the cart then you can separate this and have the checkout process use a standalone database. This allows you to have significantly better performance, for the most important visitors and make sure that people who are trying to purchase won’t be slowed down by people just who are browsing & vice versa.
- Increased Speed and Scalability
Magento 2.0 is 25% faster for end user’s browsing in the website and 52% faster in adding products to the cart. It can easily support over 10 million page views per hour compared to 500,000 page views with Magento 1.x.
- Improved Check Out
Magento 2.0 has made the process of checkout very simple by introducing a two-step checkout method – the first step is to add order data and the other step is to review and complete the purchase. This flow is definitely a vast improvement over 1.x. There have been many one Page simplified checkout extensions, but many of them had made the checkout process worse because of the errors at the time of shipping or payment. With this improvisation guest users can also checkout without creating an account.
- Increased Data Protection
Your online Store gets more security because it provides a specialized directory to enable users to secure their codes against the different breaches or attacks.
- Magento 2.0 Data Migration Tool
Data migration tool allow the users to migrate their customers data from Magneto 1.x to Magento 2.0 i.e. Products, customer, orders, and attributes. It provides the Data Migration Tool, a command-line interface that provides verification, progress tracking, logging, and testing functions. The migration tool operates in three modes to transfer and adapt data from Magento 1 to Magento 2:
- Setting Migration: It migrates all the possible configuration settings from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.0.
- Data Migration: It migrates the bulk data like products, customers, categories, orders, ratings everything from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.0. It is a relatively easy to process.
- Delta Migration: It is the one of the best features of this tool; once you have performed initial data migration you don’t have to necessarily wait for all the data recovery being offline. It fills the gap between its last imported data and any new information. This allows you to make sure that all of the information is over there and everything is in racks inside before you turn over Magento 2.0. You don’t have to take your Magento 1.x’s store offline when you do this data migration. You can take Magento 1.x version of your database’s snapshot as a backup and then perform this initial data migration ahead of time. It minimizes the amount of downtime when you are migrating from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.0.
How We Work on Magento 2.0 Upgrade Process
Magento empowers the business groups to move fast as to enhance the client experience and increase growth. We work to fulfil all the essentially business needs of the client quickly and cost-effectively. To migrating from Magento 1.x to Magento 2.0 we carefully went through all the details of terms, requirements and expense of migrating to Magento 2. We have Magento certified developers as well as extensive expertise to help your business to get the wind of changes and develop migration plan custom-made to fit your unique business needs. For that we follow three stages Process.
- Initially we look at all the extensions that have been used for features & functionality to find out the similar one as the extensions used in Magento 1.x cannot be migrated in Magento 2.0.
- After searching for the similar extension we check for the upgrades if any.
- We evaluate and ensure that the extension which is going to be used is compatible with Magento 2 as to avoid the errors.
- It is the Magento migration tool covers all the data migration needs.
- For data migration we can also write custom scripts for highly customized database.
- We look at all the discovery Steps where we identify all the key areas and bottlenecks so that we can resolve them in time.
- The second part of planning is to determine to go live strategy as we don’t go live until everything is working perfect.
Executing turnkey solution and implementing complete design implementation, backend development, Data migration, quality assurance as well as deployment.
Magento has always been a preferred choice for leading eCommerce stores across the globe. According to Builtwith statistics, Magento currently holds 12% of the market share for ecommerce platforms. With Magento 2, this user base will definitely increase as several businesses are migrating from other technologies to Magento. Magento 2 provides more opportunities for customization without changing core site functionality. It organizes everything under the product structure and allows every module to have its very own directory where you can access all Magento elements.