Laravel, it is the framework for the web application with elegant and expressive syntax. It helps with the creation of applications that are simple to use and easy to make. However, in order to keep up with the changing requirements of the world and the ever-growing tech, from time to time, there is required to give a follow-up and bring in the required changes. Well, in the case of Laravel, along with the other 1st party packages, they follow the semantic versioning. There are also major framework releases are made every year. So, while referencing the Laravel framework/components that are used in the app or the package used by the Laravel development company, it is always better to use the version constraint. It is always better to keep up with the major releases.
By bringing the changes timely and updating the users with the major releases, it is intended for easing the burden of maintenance by the Laravel development company. Furthermore, it also challenges all for not just bringing forward the amazing but also bringing in the powerful and new features without having to break changes.
Considering the previous versions of Laravel, including the Laravel 9 advanced features, the robust features variety was introduced without having to break the backward compatibility, including parallel testing support, HTTP client improvements, etc. It is the commitment towards the shipping of some amazing new features while making the release that leads towards some excellent future releases that gets primarily used for the purpose of maintenance tasks, including up-gradation of the upstream dependencies.
Talking about Laravel 9, it continued to bring in the improvement by introducing support for the Symfony 6.0 components, improved route:list output, new eloquent accessor/mutator syntax, Laravel scout database driver, etc., along with the variety of the bug fixes and the usability improvements. However, this release for sure was an invitation to look forward to more, and with Laravel 9.4, a variety of new features have been introduced to ensure that the code is written for the joy of it. Go ahead and read the article to know further about the newly released Laravel 9.4 before you hire Laravel developer for their services.
Features of Laravel
1. Ease and fun
The team is working towards creating the newer versions of the Laravel love beauty and the clean code just like any other Laravel framework development services provider. This is why it is ensured that the elegant and straightforward syntax can bring forward amazing functionality within the fingertips of the developers. All the features, they are considered thoughtfully for providing a wonderful experience to the developer.
2. API or Monolith- Make a pick
3. All in one place
- Database- The Eloquent ORM of Laravel offers the database abstraction that is best-in-class. One can easily query or update the data herein.
- Queues- Easily get the background jobs dispatched for performing the slow tasks, including the email sending, reports generation while trying to maintain the blazing response times. It is the robust queue system of Laravel that can easily process the jobs with the use of MySQL, Amazon SQS, Postgres, and Redis.
- WebSockets- The event broadcasting and Laravel Echo, they make it the cinch for building a user experience that is modern and real-time. With the use of Laravel framework development services from CMARIX, one can create real-time apps that are amazing while trying to power the WebSockets using Node.js, PHP, or serverless solutions, including Ably and Pusher.
- Authentication- Laravel offers scaffolding. It ensures secured and session-based authentication. Laravel Sanctum, on the other hand, provides the API and the mobile application painless authentication.
4. Improved confidence towards goals
Laravel, its commitment is to deliver the best of the testing experience. They ensure none of the brittle tests, which for sure become a nightmare for maintenance. However, with Laravel, one gets the best testing APIs, painless browser testing, and database seeding, and all of this works towards shipping one with confidence.
Laravel 9.4- What to know about it?
The Laravel 9.4 was released by the Laravel team recently. The version has the ability to easily override the CSRF cookies, the option retry mechanism for the mailables that are queued, the Str::]cfirst() method, and much more. To understand it more, go ahead and cover the pointers below.
- Allows the extension of the VerifyCsrfToken’s CSRF cookie
The contribution by the expert has allowed the defining the newCookie method upon the extended CSRF middleware of the application to override VerifyCsrfToken easily. For sure most of the application’s default behavior wouldn’t need to be overridden, but there can be some instances within the multi-tenant systems that might be of users interest for seeing the change within the CSRF token name so as to prevent the 419 errors.
There are multiple auth providers who are making this happen, mainly in the requests of the XHR. It also allows for the multi-tenant systems for updating the domain of the token or pulling the custom domain of the current tenant from that of the middleware layer.
It would help a lot of Laravel development company and individuals who are using inertia for allowing the customization within how the XSRF-Token gest is named by the addition of the tenant ID or the user type.
- Adding soleValue method to the query builders
This update was made to the query builders for returning the method column from the sole value and not the whole record. The usage it allows is:
- Adding String Icfirst() method
Icfirst() method contribution was made to the Stringable and Str classes, that is also known for supporting the non-ASCH characters:
2. Str::lcfirst(‘Laravel framework’);
4. Str::lcfirst(‘Mama Mama paMy’);
- Adding to the schedule:list command Mutex column
This contribution to the new version of Laravel indicates the case if the command gets blocked by the mutex. The issue explains how the column can be used for the purpose of debugging any of the scheduler’s issues.
The contribution is significant as while the Laravel development company tries to figure out what is wrong, they wouldn’t get anything from the schedule:list out of ordinary even when it keeps updating the expected Next Due timestamp. In the absence of this update, this would have continued even when tasks were being executed. Well, it happens because the mutex doesn’t remain clear due to the server reboot (unscheduled).
- Supporting the modification of the char column type
He] doctrine/dbal package, it is known for supporting the modifying column types of char as the StringType::class by the simple setting of the fixed option to the true.
With the PR use, it maps Laravel char with the string type that is doctrine equivalent and also sets the fixed option to the true which then gets SQL snippet for declaration of the Char column.
- Retrying the mechanisms for Queued Mailables
A contribution has been made in it too. It specifies the retryUntil () method or the timeoutAt property to the queued mailables. In order to get further details about the same, the developer should read Pull Request #41393.
For the releases made to the Laravel, the bug fixes get provided for the 18 months, and the security fixes are also offered for at least 2 years. It is made sure that a proper support policy gets followed to provide the right support to the users.
Well, a lot of new features have been added, and updates have been provided to the more recent version of Laravel. Getting to know all of what has been added, fixed, and changed in the Laravel 9.4, give a read to the below-mentioned pointers.
- Supporting modification to the char column type.
- Allowing the eloquent whereNot() and the orWhereNot() for working on the columns and the value.
- Allowing the mutex column for schedule:list command.
- Adding soleValue() to the query builder.
- Allowing the extension of the CSRF cookie of VerifyCsrfToken.
- Adding retryUntil method to the queued mailables.
- Adding Icfirst() to the Stringable and Str.
- For the authenticating sessions, the middleware sorting has been fixed.
- LazyCollection takeUntilTimeout method has been fixed.
- For the mailables nested markdown files, the fixed directory has been fixed.
- Head() and get() have been fixed in the Illuminate/Http/Client/PendingRequest.php.
- The queued jobs default values serializing have been prevented.
- No more use of global tap helper.
- Chaining of the Illuminate/Console/Concerns/Interacts WithIO::newline has been allowed.
- Destinations setting as bcc is missing from the raw message in the mail SesTransport.
Laravel, it is for all, irrespective of whether a programmer has been using it for 20 minutes or 20 years. It helps to create the amazing for the projects, but it does need proper knowledge from time to time considering new updates and fixes get released. This is why hiring a Laravel development company like CMARIX will provide top-notch development and better consulting.
At CMARIX, every single partner work for crafting a well-architected and beautiful project. They not just keep the development to be enjoyable but also creative that making the end results fulfilling. By the use of Laravel, they ease up more of the common tasks and conduct the best of the web projects based on the needs and requirements of their clients. So, if you are looking for any help, do connect to find the right support and making better decisions.