With numerous technological advancements in today’s world, every industry is changing the way it operates. This includes the insurance and banking industry which is currently going through the wave and effects of fintech. An important financial concept that has brought about a revolution is open banking which is realized by API integration. With API integration, numerous companies are benefiting from flexible, streamlined, and automated workflow processes. This is especially the case for companies in the insurance industry and has led to the popularity of APIs like ICICI Insurance API. Curious to know more about ICICI Insurance API integration and how it can help you?
Insurance companies and organizations handle numerous sets of data and multiple business processes on a daily basis. Handling everything manually can be quite hectic and slow down business, but this is where insurance APIs can help. With API insurance integrations, companies can improve risk mitigation by analyzing all data available to find potential exposures. Moreover, it helps create new opportunities and ensures that the company can leverage new opportunities as soon as possible.
Out of the numerous insurance companies available, ICICI is one of the leading insurance providers with a dedicated insurance API that companies can use to take advantage of these benefits. To help you better understand ICICI Insurance API integration benefits, the steps to be followed, and more, we have curated the following article. Jump right into it and take a step towards a better business future filled with numerous opportunities and profits.
Before we jump into details about ICICI insurance APIs, let us have a look at the basics of APIs and their role in the insurance industry. We will then move on to discussing more about ICICI Insurance APIs, their features, and a few benefits.
You can think of an API as an external component of any software program that is used to bridge the gap between the business and third-party software developers. But, why are APIs so popular and why are they widely used? Well, APIs allow developers to access data and services provided by the company that can be integrated to build their own applications. To put it in perspective in the insurance industry, insurance APIs allow developers to access insurance-related data and services.
With Insurance API integration, companies can take advantage of flexible and streamlined ways that help automate numerous workflow processes. This allows companies to replace their existing and manual systems without the need for any additional expenses and business interruptions. Moreover, it eliminates the need to modify existing configurational codes and does not require the company to hire staff.
Since ICICI is a leading insurance services provider, its API is widely used by companies in the design and development of third-party apps that utilize insurance data and common services offered by the bank. A general rundown of the features of ICICI insurance APIs that you can reap the benefits of are as follows:-
- Allows easy retrieval of information like policy details, coverage, and premium payments
- Helps quickly calculate insurance premiums based on multiple factors
- Access to streamlined and quick claims processing
- Quick generation of insurance quotes which helps offer details about cost and coverage options in brief
- Access to payment and billing services to help make premium payments and set up automatic payment cycles
There are numerous business benefits that companies can reap with ICICI insurance company API integration including:-
- Better Risk Mitigation – Since APIs are capable of handling and analyzing huge amounts of data, they can be used to identify and evaluate risk factors using past data. This allows them to better predict future incidents and help companies perceive future business situations.
- Creation of New Business and Service Opportunities – Insurance APIs provide a quick and easy way for businesses to connect with other organizations and companies. Since this helps widen the reach of businesses, insurers can take advantage of better business and service opportunities that help bring in more revenue. This also allows businesses to offer customers a multitude of service options which helps boost customer retention rates. This is why a number of companies have been looking for API integration services that help connect them with leading service providers.
- Reduction of Manual Processing – APIs help automate numerous insurance processes like underwriting, quotes, ratings, and claim management. And, the best part is that no extra software or equipment is needed to bring about this transition. So, you do not need an army of software developers and are not required to train your staff to ensure seamless business operations.
ICICI offers a multitude of APIs that help eliminate the need for the development of new APIs. Instead, you can utilize existing APIs to realize and benefit from ICICI’s products and services. Before you perform ICICI insurance API integration, you must apply for ICICI API baking.
Follow these steps to put in your application and benefit from ICICI API insurance services:-
- Visit ICICI’s official API Portal – To utilize ICICI’s API, you need to log in to their dedicated portal and register a new account.
- Create an Account or Log in to Your Existing Portal Account – For creating a new account, you will be required to submit details like your name, email ID, occupation, mobile number, and organization name. As soon as these details are filled, you will be required to enter an OTP sent to your phone number. You can also click on the verification link sent to your email to proceed.
- Account Activation – Once your account is created, your account will be activated only if it is determined to be genuine. This verification process can take up to 5 days, after which you can access ICICI’s API portal. You will be sent an email informing you about your account activation once it is approved.
- Start Utilizing the API Services – When your account is verified, you can check the different APIs offered by ICICI bank. You will find multiple free and paid account plans and will be able to browse ICICI’s insurance APIs.
Once you have fulfilled the above prerequisites, you can easily integrate ICICI APIs with your application. To ensure successful ICICI insurance API integration, follow the steps listed below. You can also get in touch with an API insurance company if you do not have the technical ability.
- Login to Your ICICI Bank Developer Portal – Use the username and password that you set while you were registering your account to log in to the ICICI bank developer portal.
- Get the Keys of the ICICI Insurance API – Every API has an API key which is a unique code utilized for authenticating the API calling line in the program. These keys also help track the use of APIs and ensure no one can use it without authorization. As soon as you select an existing API, an API key will be generated that you can utilize to incorporate the interface into your application or service.
- Store the Key in a Variable – As soon as the ICICI API key has been generated, store it in a variable so that you can reuse it. Based on the API call needed to be made, the developers need to include different query parameters.
- Call the API Using Fetch– The fetch API is built into our web browser and helps make server-side API calls. We recommend checking documentation details available on the ICICI developer portal to understand the exact format that it needs to be written in.
Benefits Of ICICI Insurance API Integration
Insurance APIs are utilized by numerous companies, agents, and brokers, but their use cases are not limited to it. We have discussed some benefits of ICICI insurance API integration which include cost reduction, increased customer retention, and access to accurate data. To help you better understand the benefits of ICICI insurance API integration and why companies are looking for payment gateway API integration, here are some use cases:-
Data Collection From IoT Devices
IoT devices have access to a lot of data and tapping into it helps insurers better assess risks and available opportunities. Moreover, they provide a lot of insight into customer preferences for better personalization of the services offered.
Integration With Chatbots
When insurance APIs are integrated with chatbots, companies can help ensure that customers have access to better and more accurate data. Moreover, it allows customers to access features like personalized quote calculation which helps save time while ensuring accuracy.
Unification of Internal and Customer-Centric Insurance Systems
With insurance APIs, companies have access to advanced data analytics that help ensure better decision making. In the case of advanced and expert APIs, companies have access to real-time data.
Streamlined Damage Assessment
When advanced technologies like artificial intelligence and computer vision are utilized along with insurance APIs, some platforms can automatically process insurance claims and streamline damage assessment processes.
Most banks ensure that customer data is protected and the APIs are not accessed by unauthorized users. The first security measure taken is that developers need to register in ICICI’s developer portal to access the APIs and the application can take up to 5 days to be verified. The next security measure is that once the company receives access to the developer portal, they need to utilize unique API keys that help keep a track of how the API is being used, people using it, and the data being accessed. For more information, refer to ICICI’s official developer portal and documentation.
Insurance APIs are the future and it is necessary for businesses in this industry to open their eyes and take advantage of them as soon as possible. With numerous benefits like access to streamlined insurance claims, better accuracy, and faster processing speed, insurance APIs must be used. With ICICI taking strides to expand its digital offerings for retail, MSMEs, and corporate customers, we can expect the bank to keep launching new products and services to better fulfill customer demands.
ICICI is one of the leading insurance and banking services providers in the industry and has helped numerous businesses better their operations and ensure more profits. They also offer the industry’s best API testing tools to ensure the development of fully-functional apps that help businesses bring in better profits. So, what are you waiting for? Get started with Insurance API integration and reap the benefits of better insurance business opportunities.