Before the much appreciated merger, both sides took 6 months of deliberation and communication and for the new foundation they reportedly considered the following objectives for the future:
- Much improved operational excellence.
- Streamlined integration of members into projects and smooth engagement.
The Key Benefits of Nodejs
Since it came into being, we have seen a rapid proliferation of NodeJS app development services. The language achieved overwhelming popularity among developers all across the globe. As of now, NodeJS crossed more than a million downloads. Moreover, NodeJS is considered to be the ideal technology to develop sophisticated real-time apps, Internet of Things, and a variety of microservices. No wonder, it achieved faster traction than all other technologies and is considered to be the most demanding programming language skill for a developer career.
The most important advantages of NodeJS include:
- NodeJS is ideal for building real-time apps across popular niches like instant messaging, gaming, live-streaming, entertainment, media, etc.
- NodeJS is capable to work both as a client-side and server-side language.
- It offers a very efficient development process by taking care of both the frontend and backend processes.
- With NodeJS you have access to a thriving and growing Node Package Manager (NPM) which comes as a big repository of ready to use tools and modules for app development. These tools helps boosting productivity and development speed.
- NodeJS has the reputation of executing code faster than any other language.
- NodeJS is very popular among enterprise apps because it is ideal for enterprise-ready microservices.
Latest NodeJS Features
It is not long ago we got the latest NodeJS 12 release. This latest NodeJS version came with an array of future-ready features to boost efficiency and deliver smarter solutions. Let’s have a brief look at the key features of NodeJS 12.
- TLS 1.3 support: With the new TLS1.3 support, the NodeJS developers will get an array of security enhancements.
- The latest update will also allow proper configuration of the default heap limits. This will ensure that NodeJS doesn’t make attempts to use more memory when the memory is short of required limit. This can be very beneficial for the decelerations to handle large data sets.
- NodeJS like previous updates further made development and support of native modules easier.
- With the latest NodeJS 12 the use of Worker Threads no longer needs using flag. The feature is slowly becoming a regular one than experimental.
- A key new feature of NodeJS 12 is the Diagnostic Reports. It helps developers to diagnose and detect problems related to performance glitches, crashes, memory leaks, errors, etc.
- The Heap Dumps feature of the NodeJS 12 will allow investigating memory issues responsible for slower performance.
- The new NodeJS 12 also offers inbuilt code cache support for startup of workers. This boosts the speed and performance of the project.
- There are several new C++ features integrated into the NodeJS to optimise the compiler and security elements.
Benefit of OpenJS foundation
- Creating Resources and Speeding Up the Development Process
- A Unified Administrative Structure
- Enhanced Member Experience
- Community Benefits
- In-built templates for technical and community governance.
- Easier access to infrastructure.
- Inbuilt marketing assistance.
- Support and guidance for all development activities benefitting the total ecosystem.
Benefits For the Foundation Members
The Future of OpenJS